Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Nordson EFD. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Nordson EFD
JOB TITLE: Process Technician II
LOCATION: East Providence, RI
HOURS: Full Time
The Process Technician II works independently to set up, process and place into production all Injection Molding jobs, as assigned. They are responsible for maintaining the continuity of production, which involves troubleshooting and taking appropriate actions to resolve various equipment and process issues that can arise.
- Install and remove molds including the installation of water lines, mold heaters and additional auxiliary equipment.
- Prepare job setup documentation and tracking systems that are associated with the production jobs.
- Set up production jobs according to established parameters. Submit first piece samples to QA personnel.
- Inspect product according to inspection criteria and make adjustments to meet quality specifications.
- Start up or shut down all equipment as required for beginning or ending a shift.
- Clean molds and change over internal mold components for production according to production schedule.
- Take an active role in training shift personnel.
- Troubleshoot production equipment and repair as required.
- Develop new or improve an existing process to produce engineering samples.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of all injection molding processes, machine controls and functions.
- Logically discuss problems and arrive at a solution.
- Must be available for overtime and/or temporary shift changes as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will have:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum 3 years of experience.
- Must have knowledge of injection molding processes.
- Ability to perform basic math skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing.
- Must be able to speak, read & write in English.
- Must possess a basic knowledge of the use of robots/automation in the production process.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages and to draw and interpret various graphs.
- Tooling maintenance experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office such as Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Nordson EFD will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.