Job Number: 1117
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Raytheon. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Raytheon
JOB TITLE: Software Engineer
LOCATION: Aquidneck Island, RI
HOURS: Full Time
- Create software and system applications for computers
- Employ and utilize math, science, engineering and design skills for applicable projects
- Test and evaluate their own systems designs, as well as software created by others
- Manage multiple projects in deadline- driven environments
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelors of Science required, Master of Science preferred with concentration in Computer Science/Software Engineering
- Minimum 4-8+ years’ experience on all phases of Software Engineering including
- 4-8+ year experience with C++ or Java
- 4-8+ years Linux or UNIX experience
- Experience developing software in a team based development environment, preferably Agile/SCRUM
- Strong verbal communication skills
- US Citizenship in order to obtain DOD Security Clearance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving ability
- Familiarity with the following Software Tools: Rational Rhapsody, ClearCase and Team Co
- Existing secret clearance, or ability to obtain an interim clearance within 30 days and full clearance thereafter
- Broad real-time software development experience ncert, Jenkins, DOORS
- Software development experience in a DoD environment
- Self-starter and ability to lead development, integration and test activities
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Raytheon will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.