Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for AstroNova. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: AstroNova
JOB TITLE: Press Operator
LOCATION: West Warwick, RI
HOURS: Full Time, 2nd Shift
- The Press Operator is to set up, operate, and maintain press and accessories for printing, punching, perforating, rewinding, and other processes in the conversation of thermal paper or label and tag stock from raw materials.
- Maintain and operate accessories for printing, perforating, rewinding and other processes in the conversion of labels from raw materials
- Assist with slitting, rewinding and packaging finished goods as needed
- Checking quality, monitoring the equipment, and maintaining a clean work area; perform preventative maintenance (5S)
- Ensure all product is manufactured in accordance with the correct specifications and production schedules
Successful candidates will have:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent is required.
- Minimum 2+ years previous experience
- An innovative, self-directed, and a team player mentality.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; as well as action oriented, be able to exercise sound judgment under pressure and constantly seek ways for continuous improvement.
- Ability to successfully complete tasks on schedule and be mechanically inclined.
- Experience setting up, operating and maintaining label converting presses - flexographic, inkjet, and rotary die-cutting, preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and AstroNova will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.