Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for The Dean Hotel. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: The Dean Hotel
JOB TITLE: Porter
LOCATION: Providence, RI
HOURS: 2nd Shift - 6: 30pm - 2: 30am
A porter works in close collaboration with the front office, housekeeping and maintenance departments. The porter will be a team support role that is vital for the operation and coordination among departments. The porter will perform tasks of maintenance, cleaning, repairs and general up keeping.
- Public areas cleaning and maintenance
- Housekeeping assistance in carrying supplies, clearing and servicing all guest rooms, removing laundry and re-stocking/organizing housekeeping closets and office
- Re-stocking restrooms of all amenities
- Cleaning public areas and back-of-house
- Performing repair work as requested by management or maintenance departments
- Performing bellman duties as required and requested
- Assist guests with requests whenever possible
The ideal porter will be readily willing and able to assist the operation as requested and must have a natural orientation for guest service and be a team player.
Successful candidates will have:
- Warm & communicative personality
- Attention to detail
- Ability to anticipate guests needs
- Must be able to communicate and interact in English
- Ability to lift luggage & packages as necessary
- Willingness to take both direction and initiative
- Knowledge of businesses in Providence and greater Rhode Island
- Valid driver’ s license preferred but not necessary
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and The Dean Hotel will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.