Job Number: 1559
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting experienced Pipe Welders on behalf of Electric Boat, a Quonset based manufacturer who designs and builds the nuclear submarines used by our US Navy.
COMPANY NAME: General Dynamics Electric Boat
JOB TITLE: Pipe Welder
LOCATION(S): North Kingstown, RI
HOURS: Full Time
Electric Boat is seeking experienced welders responsible for performing precision TIG welding functions on a variety of submarine piping systems materials.
Key responsibilities include:
- TIG welds in all positions including butts, sockets, boss roots, weldolets and fillets
- Performs precision weld repair and X magnification visual inspections of pipe welds
- Operates automatic TIG fixed head and orbital automatic welding equipment
Successful candidates will have:
- TIG welding experience
- High school diploma/GED
- Ability to pass a socket and x-ray butt test and SSP 3.11 test
- Ability to work in horizontal, vertical and overhead positions
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of pre-employment screening.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Electric Boat will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.