Skills for Rhode Island’s Future is recruiting candidates for Lifespan. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Lifespan
JOB TITLE: Phlebotomist
LOCATION: Providence, RI
HOURS: Full Time; hours vary
- Verifies patient identification, applies tourniquet for venipuncture, assesses mode and site of blood collection venipuncture or capillary based on ages and condition of patients, selects appropriate vein or capillary site, prepares site using approved cleansing technique, performs collection, administers post-venipuncture care and discharges patient.
- Instructs patient appropriately regarding clean-catch urine specimens.
- Must be willing to travel to multiple outpatient locations; Mileage Reimbursed
- Communicates unusual patient condition or specimen suitability or other related concerns with the technical staff of laboratory.
- Prepares specimens for transport to outside laboratories and collects specimens from off-site locations as requested.
- Assists in training nursing aides laboratory personnel and students in blood collection techniques.
- Performs quality control and maintenance procedures; notifies supervisor of any issues with equipment or unacceptable quality control results.
- Receives physicians orders verbally or in writing for laboratory tests and appointments and enters orders and diagnostic codes in computer system.
- Reports unsafe or other occurrences questionable conditions or situations immediately to the manager.
- Adheres to Blood and Body Fluid Borne Pathogen Procedures involving the use of gloves masks if indicated disposal of blood collection devices slides and specimens.
- Keeps all work areas clean and performs regularly scheduled cleaning duties including stocking and maintaining a clean phlebotomy collection tray.
Successful candidates will have:
- High school graduate or equivalent knowledge of general clerical skills ability to type and computer date entry skills.
- General knowledge of a variety of laboratory test and procedures for obtaining and handling laboratory specimens.
- Phlebotomy certification or previous phlebotomy training required.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future and Lifespan will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’s Future’s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.