Industry: Health & Human Services
Job Number: 1763
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Lifespan. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Lifespan
JOB TITLE: Patient Transporter
LOCATION: Newport, RI
HOURS: Evening, Full time
- Transports child, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients to and from all areas/departments requiring patient transport, using wheelchairs and stretchers.
- Delivers reports, supplies, films, specimens, etc. throughout the hospital as requested.
Successful candidates will have:
- Current CPR certification.
- Ability to read write and follow specific instruction.
- Must be able to sit 1-3 hours stand and walk 3-7 hours per day lift 25-50 lbs with good body mechanics twist and bend infrequently with a workload capacity of 3-5 Mets (see chart).
- Must be able to use both hand/wrists and perform work with moderate deviation and occasional fine motor skills.
- Experience within medical field preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Lifespan will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.