Skills for Rhode Island’s Future is recruiting candidates for Lifespan. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Lifespan
JOB TITLE: Patient Service Representative
LOCATION: Providence, RI
HOURS: Part Time, Full Time, & Per Diem
Successful candidates will have:
- Answers phones from patients/customers professionally and responding to patient/customer inquiries and complaints.
- Schedules patients/customers based on scheduling guidelines and medical appropriateness
- Receives a high volume of inbound calls with varying degrees of questions or concern
- Researches required information using accessible resources
- Handling and resolving patient/customer complaints
- Routing inbound calls to appropriate resource
- Obtaining and collecting all necessary information from the patient/customer to schedule and register the patient for an appointment
- Manages communication and coordination between the patient/customer and the providers/clinics
- Manages and escalate priority issues
- Communicates perceived problem issues to the Practice Manager or Director of Cancer services.
- Notifying appropriate personnel of any scheduling change due to patient cancellation in a timely fashion.
- Attempts to optimize and increase efficiency of visit or procedure by recommending -potential alternatives
- Ability to manage urgent calls in such a way that urgent situations related to the provision of patient care are handled in an appropriate manner
- Receives and responds to patient and staff needs and complaints appropriately within the realm of the patient care environment involving department supervisors and patient representative as needed.
- Participates in on-going education activities to develop maintain and enhance professional expertise.
- Continue efforts to enhance service excellence. Focusing on care communication compassion and patient/family centered care.
- Supports the department in ongoing efforts to attain and maintain top-decile performance in quality outcome measures.
- Maintains quality safety environmental and infection control in accordance with established department policies procedures and objectives.
- Oversees patient financial process to ensure patient payments (co-payments deductibles self-pay) are obtained at the time of service and are properly processed.
- Verify and update all necessary patient information ensuring that it is complete and accurate (i.e. demographics referrals authorizations billing codes and diagnosis information etc)
- Complete end of day batch including reconciliation of arrived patient schedule and time of service payments.
- Orients and serves as a resource to new employees regarding department policies and procedures.
- Adheres to the established Performance Expectations as outlined in Lifespan EPRS tool
- Strive to answer all telephone calls within five rings put callers on hold only with their permission thank callers for waiting and introduce a caller and describe the caller’s needs when transferring the caller to a co-worker.
- Seek positive solutions to the challenges of working in a high stress environment through respectful communication and active problem solving
- Respond to all patient communications in a timely manner
- Meets productivity standards set through call center specific applications that include but are not limited to; service levels based on response time to call number of calls received and abandoned calls throughout the day that are averaged per month
- High School graduate or GED with two years of formal secretarial/business education or its equivalent. Knowledge of medical terminology required.
- 2 year Medical office program or healthcare program preferred
- Previous call center experience preferred
- Knowledge of third party payors and insurance preferred
- Requires exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Requires strong communication customer service interpersonal skills and telephone etiquette
- Must be able to take appropriate action in a stressful environment
- Two years experience in an outpatient setting
- Able to react effectively and calmly in emergencies
- Motivation and drive for continuous self-development
- Cooperatively interacts with the health care team to support and contribute to the overall goals of the department
- Able to maintain patient/customer confidentiality
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to support individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works collaboratively with all members of the health care team.
- Normal office setting with electrical equipment (i.e. telephone personal computer copier fax machine etc.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future and Lifespan will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’s Future’s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.