Skills for Rhode Island’s Future is recruiting candidates for Thundermist Health Center. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Thundermist Health Center
JOB TITLE: Patient Service Representative
LOCATION: Wakefield, RI
General Purpose of Unit:
Takes complete and accurate messages, schedules appointments, takes charge of all aspect of registering patients, answers all incoming calls, collects charges for the office visit
- Correctly identifies appropriateness of appointment scheduling. Directs emergent needs to nurse manager for further triage.
- Reviews clinician completed encounter sheet for appropriate completeness of form.
- Prepares patient record for office visit, mounting labs, entering appropriated forms as needed.
- Responsible for complete and accurate data entry of all information which includes patient registration, encounter billing information and changes in insurance information.
- Responsible to ensure all charts and forms for the office visit is ready for the provider: i.e. encounter form, chart forms and appointment list.
- Responsible for assisting in answering all incoming calls, taking accurate messages.
- Assist in scheduling of appointments and directing appropriate calls to the triage nurse.
- Exits patient. Collects payments, obtains referrals to specialist and schedules upcoming appointments when necessary.
- Provides reports of daily productivity, collection standing, and problem areas of the front desk to the Operations Director on a daily basis.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Professional telephone etiquette; ability to demonstrate and maintain professional customer service skills including empathy, patience and courtesy
- Must be able to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to perform telephone and computer tasks with appropriate speed and accuracy.
- Must be able to multi-task (i.e., accurately research and document call while speaking on the telephone)
- Must be able to develop and maintain cooperative and courteous working relationships with staff throughout the organization.
- Ability to analyze complex provider schedules and workflows.
- Ability to meet performance standards of a fast-paced call center
- Accurate data entry skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Collection background
- Minimum High School diploma or Associates Degree
- Minimum 1-year ambulatory care medical office experience
- Medical terminology, diagnosis coding and billing procedure knowledge helpful
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future and Thundermist Health Center will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’s Future’s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.