Skills for Rhode Island’s Future is recruiting candidates for Rhode Island Medical Imaging. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Rhode Island Medical Imaging
JOB TITLE: Patient Scheduler
LOCATION: Warwick, Rhode Island for 90 days of training then remote.
HOURS: 3 roles: 9:30AM-6:00PM and 1 role: 9:00AM-5:30PM.
Under the general supervision of the PFS Scheduling Supervisor and according to established policies and procedures, handles scheduling calls and faxes for all RIMI locations. Reviews exam preparation, gives directions, builds patient accounts, discusses insurance, pre-authorization, eligibility and payment policies with the patient prior to the patient’s actual arrival. Interacts with the radiologists and referring physicians and staff as required. Coordinates with site managers, modality leads, reception, transcription, billing, management and other personnel at all sites to insure the efficient operation of the facility.
- Ensures that all interactions are in compliance with HIPAA, and federal and state compliance regulations.
- Available as scheduled to provide scheduling duties at specified times assigned.
- Ensure proper operation of equipment at all times.
- Handle telephone calls in a timely, courteous and efficient manner; respond to questions, and schedule patients.
- Understand and apply insurance pre-authorization rules and RIMI policies regarding the scheduling of these exams.
- Responsible for immediate reporting to the Supervisor of any concerns relating to equipment operation.
- Responsible for immediate reporting to the Supervisor of any concerns relating to a referring office, patient, and/or employee themselves.
- Obtain correct demographic and insurance information, including verifying when scheduling the patient’s exam.
- Scan any authorizations and communicate to the Authorization staff when necessary.
- Train in accordance with the department needs when PFS Assistants assign.
- Offer flexibility to ensure that there is proper staffing coverage.
- Coordinate and communicate with the radiologist and referring physician or his staff as required.
- Ensure that scheduling, patient account, insurance, and other related records (information) are properly completed insuring correct patient identification, and statistical and billing information.
- Contacts patients to clarify information whenever required.
- Coordinate with, and volunteer assistance to other personnel in areas outside primary areas of responsibility when possible or necessary.
- Handle patient satisfaction calls to a sample of patients as instructed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will have:
- Knowledge of health insurance requirements as it relates to pre-authorization, eligibility, and out-of-pocket responsibilities.
- Interpersonal skills to interact effectively with patients who may be under physical and/or emotional stress, referring physicians and staff, the radiologist, fellow employees, suppliers, and service representatives, and any and all others who they come in contact with during the course of the business day.
- Organizational skills required by the position; analytical skills to compile and interpret data.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill necessary to perform all job requirements.
- Ability to perform basic computer skills is required.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Bi-Lingual Spanish is highly preferred
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future and Rhode Island Medical Imaging will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’s Future’s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.