Industry: Building / Construction
Job Number: 1409
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Ocean State Job Lot. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Ocean State Job Lot
JOB TITLE: Painting Crew Associate
LOCATION: North Kingstown, RI
HOURS: Full Time
- Prepares, primes, sands, seals, patches and paints various items (Walls, furniture, structures, buildings, and fixtures), etc.
- Must be able to utilize all types of painting materials, varnishes, sealers, VOC’ s, etc.
- Be able to handle tasks like removing graffiti
- Knowledge of painting equipment (Sprayers, rollers, brushes. Maintains them and keeps them clean
- Follows and knows safety guidelines
- Assists in writing specs and estimates
- Must be able to work within our work order system
- Must maintain appropriate service and repair records
- May train and work with other staff on projects
- Perform any other work as assigned
Successful candidates will have:
- Must be able to operate required tools and equipment
- Must have knowledge of painting products, enamels, epoxies, paint removers, VOC’ s and other related materials
- Must have prior experience as a journey level painter in a commercial environment
- Valid Driver’ s license
- Be able to handle heights and operate lifts
- Must have prior experience in a commercial environment
- Time Management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to changes in plans and schedules, may be some night work at times
- Work well independently as well as part of a team
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Ocean State Job Lot will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.