Skills for Rhode Island's Future (Skills RI) is recruiting Production Technicians for Toray Plastics in North Kingstown, RI. Please read more about Skills RI at the end of this job description.
COMPANY: Toray Plastics
JOB TITLE: Packaging Technician
LOCATION: North Kingstown, RI
Successful candidates will have:
- Understand and follow all Safety Rules
- Basic abilities in some to all of the following packaging certifications or training segments as required by the business unit. (Loading, End Plating, Building, Forklift, Strapping Guns, ISO, Scanning, RICO, Loading and Grinding, Crane Inspections, Conveyor Stoppers, AFRAME/Cart)
- Willing to work in other areas of the plant when needed to help plant operations.
- Maintaining plant cleanliness, AIB standards, and 5S initiatives is required.
- Must follow the directions of the packaging leads and supervisors.
- Team assignments for SGA (Small Group Activities) must be completed by working with the leads and supervisors.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Some Computer Skills required
- Experience operating a forklift is preferred.
- Manufacturing Experience preferred
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on a repetitive basis
- Ability to push/pull 1500 pounds using wheeled cart or conveyor rollers
- Ability to work 12 hour shift, possibly nights only or rotating depending on Business Unit
- Ability to work required, mandatory overtime
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, possibly up to 12 hours
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future and Toray Plastics will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’s Future’s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.