Skills for Rhode Island' s Future (Skills RI) is recruiting Production Technicians for Toray Plastics in North Kingstown, RI. Please read more about Skills RI at the end of this job description.
COMPANY: Toray Plastics
JOB TITLE: Packaging Technician
LOCATION: North Kingstown, RI
- Understand and follow all Safety Rules
- Basic abilities in some to all of the following packaging certifications or training segments as required by the business unit.
- End Plating
- Strapping Guns
- Loading and Grinding
- Crane Inspections
- Conveyor Stoppers
- AFRAME / Cart
- Willing to work in other areas of the plant when needed to help plant operations.
- Maintaining plant cleanliness, AIB standards, and 5S initiatives is required.
- Must follow the directions of the packaging leads and supervisors.
- Team assignments for SGA (Small Group Activities) must be completed by working with the leads and supervisors.
Successful candidates will have:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Some Computer Skills required
- Experience operating a forklift is preferred.
- Manufacturing Experience preferred
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on a repetitive basis
- Ability to push/pull 1500 pounds using wheeled cart or conveyor rollers
- Ability to work 12 hour shift, possibly nights only or rotating depending on Business Unit
- Ability to work required, mandatory overtime
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, possibly up to 12 hours
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Toray Plastics will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.