600 East Greenwich Avenue
Job Number: 1403
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for AstroNova. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: AstroNova
JOB TITLE: PCB Electronics Technician
LOCATION: West Warwick, RI
HOURS: Full Time
The PCB Electronics Technician will perform functional testing in accordance with board test procedures. They will also perform board level troubleshooting to identify manufacturing defects and / or defective components. The PCB Electronics technician will use several pieces of test and analysis equipment to inspect and test boards as well as perform root cause analysis on board failures.
- Testing, troubleshooting, and repairing a wide variety of low-volume printed circuit boards down to the component level using sophisticated state-of-the-art equipment
- Testing, troubleshooting and repairing analog and digital printed circuit boards with SMT and through-hole components
- Complete test procedures and process records using MS Excel. Keep detailed records of testing performed and defects discovered.
- Perform printed circuit board assembly rework
- Maintains a neat, orderly and safe work station
- Performs other duties from time to time as directed
Successful candidates will have:
- A.S. or B.S. Degree from a College, University, or Technical School; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience testing, troubleshooting or repairing boards with SMT and through-hole components.
- Experience using scopes and meters.
- Ability to solder and use electronic assembly tools and read and interpret detailed electronic assembly drawings, schematics and process documents.
- IPC J-STD-001 & IPC-7711/7721 certification or training a plus
- Basic computer skills, including MS Office
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and AstroNova will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.