Skills for Rhode Island’s Future is recruiting candidates for Aspen Aerogels, Inc. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Aspen Aerogels, Inc.
JOB TITLE: Oven Operator
LOCATION: East Providence, RI
HOURS: Daytime and Nighttime shifts
- Follow all safety procedures.
- Safely and efficiently operate the Heat Treatment Oven(s) according to operating procedures, and/or as instructed
- Follow product documentation and specification for correct equipment operation (Ex.: temperature, power, speed settings).
- Visually inspect product appearance while equipment is running; communicating, flagging major defects and/or removing minor defects.
- Follow product documentation (traveler) for correct tension setting, length measurement and removal. Record data as required.
- Unload Aerogel blankets, label and document according to procedures.
- Safely and efficiently operate Fabrication equipment (slitter, CNC and laminator) according to company procedures, and/or as instructed.
- Program, run and troubleshoot CNC cutting machine, slitting machines, edge trimmers and coating machines. .
- Perform material handling duties in a safe, conscientious manner.
- Perform preventive maintenance and routine cleaning on equipment as per procedures and/or as directed by the Shift Leader.
- Dispose of waste materials according to company procedures.
- Ensure blanket samples (quality coupons) are taken as per specification and provided to Quality Control
- Follow instructions as per company policy and Shift leader instructions including proper breaks, rest periods and attendance
- Attend pre-shift meetings that occur five minutes prior to shift change Communicate all equipment issues to shift leader
- Ensure exhaust system is operational and working area is organized and clean
Successful Candidates Will Have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Advanced education strongly considered.
- CNC experience helpful. Oven, Coater, or Slitter environment experience preferred.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull loads of up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Must be able to work: 12 hour shifts, 4 days on / days off in 24/7 rotating shifts
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future and Aspen Aerogels, Inc. will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’s Future’s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work