Skills for Rhode Island's Future (Skills RI) is recruiting Order Picker for Rhode Island Community Food Bank in Providence, RI. Please read more about Skills RI at the end of this job description.
COMPANY: Rhode Island Community Food Bank
JOB TITLE: Order Picker
LOCATION: Providence, RI
Successful candidates will have:
- Picking orders within the monthly standard for cases per hour and within acceptable error rates.
- Assisting with order checking.
- Assisting with disposals and general warehouse projects.
- Understanding the workflow and the overall food bank operation in general and specifically how the work of the warehouse team affects other areas of the department.
- Customer services duties include interacting with agencies that come in for orders, walk-ins making donations and representing the food bank, its work and mission to any visitors in the building.
- Having a comprehensive knowledge of safety procedures, equipment handling & training. Must participate in departmental training and certification programs. Also, safely operating equipment such as hand trucks, pallet jacks, and powered equipment such as electric pallet jacks, forklifts, and reach trucks after the completion of in-house training.
- High school diploma or GED and at 3-5 years’ experience in warehousing.
- Forklift certification preferred and experience using standard warehouse equipment including pallet jacks, man-ups and reach trucks.
- Experience with food warehousing and distribution strongly preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment consisting of other staff members and volunteers.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with attention to detail, deal with interruptions, and maintain focus on tasks while producing accurate work.
- Ability to work with people from diverse social and ethnic backgrounds.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future and Rhode Island Community Food Bank will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’s Future’s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.