Job Number: 995
Skills for Rhode Island' s Future (Skills RI) is recruiting candidates for Operations Supervisor positions with Electric Boat.
Please read more about Skills RI at the end of this job description.
JOB TITLE: Operations Supervisor (Structural)
RATE OF PAY: $70, 000 - $80, 000 salary
HOURS: Full Time
- Responsible for daily assignments and overall coordination of employees to ensure maximum performance, efficiency and quality of functions
- Requires ability to effectively organize and assign work to hourly employees such that safety, quality, schedule and cost objectives are met
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, improve work order span times, streamline work processes and work cooperatively to provide quality.
- Must have knowledge of safe work practices; ability to comprehend and follow and issue verbal and /or written instructions; willing to work as necessary to support production needs
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with subordinates and supervisors
- Must have the ability to set, assign, and measure daily production goals, provide technical expertise, instruct, mentor and motivate crew
- Successful applicants will be placed in a department and shift based on business necessity
Successful candidates will have:
- Must have related work experience in the shipfitting, construction or carpentry field
- Must be proficient in blueprint and drawing interpretation
- High School/GED preferred; AS/BS/ Technical School desired
- A combination of 3+ years consisting of shipyard, shipfitting or construction (carpentry) is preferred
- Background in structural/steel fabrication preferred
- MDU graduate a plus
- Previous supervisory experience a plus
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Electric Boat will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.