Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Silgan Dispensing. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Silgan Dispensing
JOB TITLE: Moldmaker/Toolmaker Class A
LOCATION: Slatersville, RI
HOURS: 1st Shift
Designs and fabricates basic fixtures, repair and maintain injection molds, and machine components used in the manufacture of the Slatersville facility products.
- This position utilizes tool design skill and experience to plan, construct and repair a wide variety of basic tools, and fixtures used in the manufacture of the Slatersville facility products.
- As required, works with blueprints, verbal instructions in developing appropriate tool designs.
- Works to close tolerances on the majority of work assignments.
- Sets up and operates a wide variety of basic and advanced machines including but not limited to surface grinders, OD/ID grinders, milling machines, lathes, CNC EDM’ s necessary to execute tool/machine repair designs.
- Program, set up and operate CNC milling machines. Create toolpaths from CNC programs such as Auto Cad, Solid Works and BobCad.
- In performing assigned duties, utilizes a variety of measuring instruments such as micrometers, indicators and calipers. Repairs all molds, using basic and advanced equipment.
- Capable of evaluating and repairing all mold problems.
- Responsible for performing visual inspections therefore ensuring that tools/parts produced are in conformance with quality requirements.
- Maintains injection molds, which includes cleaning the molds, troubleshoots and repairs all molds, maintains and repairs Toolroom machines, and disassemble, clean and evaluate repairs as necessary.
- Performs general housekeeping duties including, but not limited to sweeping and trash removal, cleaning plastic from molds and equipment cleaning.
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area, keeping walkways and aisles clear.
- In performing assigned duties, walking, standing, crouching, squatting, kneeling, reaching and lifting are all required motions and actions of the job.
- When work in primary classification is not available, may perform other duties according to skill and availability.
Successful candidates will have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Attention to detail
- Ability to read/understand safety, quality, and work instructions (documents and drawings)
- Basic Mathematics
- Mechanical Ability
- Blueprint reading
- Ability to lift 50lbs
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Silgan Dispensing will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.