Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Silgan Dispensing. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Silgan Dispensing
JOB TITLE: Moldmaker I
LOCATION: Slatersville, RI
HOURS: 2nd Shift
Repair injection molds, and machine components used in the manufacture of Silgan Slatersville, LLC products.
- As required, works with blueprints, verbal instructions in developing appropriate tools designs.
- Works to close tolerances on the majority of work assignments.
- The Moldmaker repairs a wide variety of molds using basic machine shop equipment. In performing assigned duties, utilizes a variety of measuring instruments such as micrometers, indicators, and calipers.
- Responsible for performing visual inspections therefore ensuring tools/parts produces are in conformance with quality requirements.
- Makes and maintains injection molds. Maintains and repairs Toolroom machines.
- Disassemble, clean and evaluate repairs as necessary.
- Performs general housekeeping duties including, but not limited to sweeping and trash removal, cleaning plastic from molds and equipment cleaning.
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area, keeping walkways and aisles clear. In performing assigned duties, walking, standing, crouching, squatting, kneeling, reaching and lifting are all required motions and actions of the job.
- When work in primary classification is not available, may perform other duties according to skill and availability.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Silgan Dispensing will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.