Skills for Rhode Island’s Future is recruiting candidates for Lifespan. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Lifespan
JOB TITLE: Mobility Assistant
LOCATION: Rhode Island Hospital
HOURS: Full-Time, 1st shift
The mobility aide functions under the supervision of the Staff Registered Nurse (RN) in collaboration with Lifespan Rehabilitation Services (LRS), and within Hospital and department policies and procedures, assists in caring for patients and/or families from admission to discharge. All essential functions performed in this position reflect the age-specific needs of the patients.
Successful candidates will have:
- Provides mobility interventions including safe bed mobility, transfers to and from bed and chair/ commode, ambulation with/without assistive device
- Ensures accurate fitting of assistive device for mobility
- Assists with activities of daily living (ADLs) with a focus on mobility, independence to include ambulation, positioning, dressing, and toileting
- Provides and/or reinforces patient instruction regarding safe mobility, gait sequencing, and weight bearing status as appropriate.
- Prolonged sitting, standing, and walking. May be required to lift/turn patients and use appropriate equipment as necessary.
- Repeated bending, squatting, stooping.
- Progresses individual patient mobility to achieve Johns Hopkins-Highest Level of Mobility (JH-HLM) Goal of the day.
- Communicates all pertinent observations, to the responsible RN. Immediately reports patient complaints and observations, including, but not limited to, abnormal vital signs, fever, chills, shortness of breath, chest pain, bleeding, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.
- Maintains a safe patient environment. Complies with infection control practices in accordance with established Hospital and department policies and procedures.
- Performs basic patient care skills, such as vital sign reading and recording under the direction of the Staff Nurse.
- Performs all essential functions with consideration of the age-specific needs of the geriatric, adult, and adolescent patient.
- Maintains education and competencies within the Departments of Nursing and LRS as directed by supervisor.
- Assists with all aspects of the nursing process including, but not limited to, assisting with collection of baseline and ongoing assessment data, following the management plan, and monitoring the patient response to mobility interventions.
- Maintains quality assurance, safety, environmental, and infection control, in accordance with established hospital department policies, procedures, and objectives.
- Performs responsibilities in emergency/code situations, including CPR.
- Reading and mathematical abilities in order to, complete documentation, operate monitoring equipment, and maintain an environment conducive to patient comfort and safety.
- Ability to identify and report unsafe situations to the Staff Nurse.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to patients throughout the life span, with consideration of aging processes, human development stages and cultural patterns in each step of the care process.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Current Rhode Island registration as a Nursing Assistant preferred.
- Current CPR & BLS Certification preferred.
- One year’s experience as a certified nursing assistant preferred
- Interpersonal skills to effectively interact with patients, visitors, providers, and hospital staff at all levels.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future and Lifespan will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’s Future’s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.