500 Exchange Street
Industry: Customer Service/Call Center
Job Number: 1639
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Rhode Island. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Rhode Island
JOB TITLE: Medicare Call Center Representative
LOCATION: Providence, RI
HOURS: Full Time
- Serve as an advocate for Medicare members by responding to the members' inquiries regarding benefits, products, services, resources, network, and policies.
- Identify problems affecting members and providers; notify the appropriate business area(s) to resolve issues and track resolution.
- Support the organization' s retention strategy by providing exceptional service to members and providers by building and maintaining top-notch relationships in every interaction.
- Ensure compliance in all aspects of activities with internal policies, as well as all regulatory agencies.
- Identify cross-sell opportunities for ancillary products such as dental insurance.
- Maintain records of customer interactions, process changes to member accounts, record inquiry details and actions, and refer unresolved issues to appropriate internal departments for additional research.
Successful candidates will have:
- High school diploma required; Associate’ s degree preferred.
- Up to two years of experience in a customer service environment required.
- Must successfully pass Customer Service Assessments.
- Must successfully pass Medicare Certification.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced call center.
- Knowledge of health insurance or managed care operations preferred.
- Bilingual skills preferred.
- Knowledge or experience in working with customers.
- Ability to gather and retrieve information in an organized manner.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and customer relationship skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Empathy and patience.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Computer navigation skills.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to meet established time and quality standards.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Rhode Island will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.