Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Rhode Island Department of Health. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Rhode Island Department of Health
JOB TITLE: Medical Technologist
LOCATION: Providence, RI
HOURS: 2nd shift (3: 00 pm to 8: 00 pm) on four (4) weekdays & 1st shift (9: 00 am to 5: 00 pm) on weekends, with one weekday off per week. Weekend work is required on both Saturday and Sunday.
- To perform a variety of specimen handling, standardized tests, and quality control in a clinical laboratory.
- To assist in the performance of complex examinations and tests and to do related work as required.
Successful candidates will have:
- A working knowledge of standard laboratory instruments and equipment and the techniques and procedures concerning their use
- A working knowledge of the basic theories, principles, and practices of clinical laboratory science;
- A working knowledge of standard laboratory biosafety precautions
- The ability to exercise judgement in preparing specimens for testing, determining appropriate test procedures, and interpreting test results
- The ability to perform clinical laboratory science tests with a high degree of accuracy and precision
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers;
- The ability to prepare clear and concise reports and related capacities and abilities.
- Such as may have been gained through graduation from a college of recognized standing with a Bachelor’ s Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science, or related science.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Rhode Island Department of Health will make the final hiring decisions.