Skills for Rhode Island’s Future is recruiting candidates for Brown Urology. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Brown Urology
JOB TITLE: Medical Secretary
LOCATION: Providence and East Providence, Rhode Island
HOURS: Monday-Friday 8:30 AM-5:00 PM
Functions as a Medical Secretary to Brown Urology with primary accountability to the Practice Manager and the site supervisor. Primarily responsible for coordinating the providers patient schedule by efficiently responding to patient and provider requests for appointments, obtaining authorizations for necessary patient testing and preparation patient medical records. Performs as a collaborative team member in ensuring excellent customer service for all patients and providers of Brown Urology. Proficient with electronic medical record systems. Expert handling of patient issues with excellent customer service skills and patient confidentiality are mandatory.
- Maintain all facets of designated physician(s) clinical and administrative calendar.
- Answer and screen all telephone calls for designated physician(s), refer calls to the appropriate person, take clear and concise messages, and assuring responses to all messages.
- Schedule all office appointments, office procedures, and tests, and ensure orderly scheduled patient flow.
- Process all incoming referrals, via various methods (fax, phone, direct message within EMR) efficiently.
- Maintain tracking mechanisms to ensure patient results are received in a timely manner and ensure accuracy of all patient demographic information and pertinent data in the record.
- Prepare all patient charts prior to the office visit.
- Ensure the patient record is available if necessary, retrieving from the archive and/or other paper or electronic means as applicable,
- Obtain all necessary authorizations for office procedures/tests and ensure referrals are in place for office visits/billing to ensure payment of services rendered.
- Perform secretarial/clerical duties including medical transcription and dictation as needed.
- Ensure timely entry of all operative cases into the practice management system.
- Collect all co-payments or obtains financial responsibility documents before the patient’s departure from the medical office.
- Coordinate and complete all insurance, TDI, and workers comp forms.
- Assist with rooming patients when needed, including obtaining vital signs, reconciling medications, confirming allergies, and past medical and social history.
- Responsible for any other duties, which may be assigned, to facilitate the overall improvement in patient care as may be assigned by the Practice Manager or Site Supervisor.
Successful candidates will have:
- Three to five years’ medical secretarial experience preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Degree from an accredited technical school or certification as a medical secretary preferred.
- Proficiency with electronic medical records, preferably eClinicalWorks.
- Ability to represent the organization and serve consumers in a professional manner and promote a positive image of the organization and its services.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with patients, their representatives, and other personnel/coworkers.
- Computer literate with thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite specifically with calendar management in Outlook
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future and Brown Urology will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’s Future’s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.