Skills for Rhode Island’s Future is recruiting candidates for Lifespan. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Lifespan
JOB TITLE: Medical Assistant
LOCATION: Multiple Locations
HOURS: 1st Shift. Full Time, Part Time, and Per Diem
- Performs pre-visit planning by reviewing and updating the patient record prior to the appointment with recent test results, consults, correspondence, etc. and determines needed services based on practice protocols.
- Communicates point of care reminders to providers via the electronic medical record (EMR).
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment in accordance to their clinic specific workflow protocol
- Ensures effectively patient flow throughout the practice, clinic and office.
- Performs testing procedures such as blood pressure, EKG, pulse oximetry, Hgb A1-C, glucose, urinalysis, urine hcg, rapid strep test, and other point of care tests.
- Assists provider with all physical examinations.
- Completes appropriate follow-up up work after visit
- Assists with administrative office duties
- Performs other related duties as required.
Successful candidates will have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of formal Medical Assistant training program or a minimum of 6 months Medical Assistant experience in a comparable ambulatory setting required, within the last 5 years
- Experience with electronic medical record and appointment scheduling software, preferred
- Basic Life Support Certification
- Ability to understand and apply policies, procedures and protocols
- Ability to use a personal computer and scanner
- Ability to use EMR and other software applications
- Ability to interact with patients, providers, supervisors and peers in a professional manner
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to patients throughout the life span, with consideration of aging processes, human development stages, and cultural patterns in each step of the care process
- BLS Certification Required
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future and Lifespan will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’s Future’s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.