45 Willard Ave Providence, RI 02905
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future is recruiting candidates for Care New England. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Care New England
JOB TITLE: Medical Assistant
LOCATION: Providence or Warwick, RI
HOURS: Days, Evenings, Nights
This position is responsible for providing clerical Medical Secretary support and assisting the physicians with clinical procedures. This role functions as the primary link between the patient and the practice. In addition, serves as liaison between the practice and outside support services.
- Coordinates schedules with professional staff and schedules appointments
-Registers patients, verifying insurance coverage and appropriate referrals, answers telephone and directs calls appropriately
- Prepare each patient’s medical record per office protocol (i.e., lab reports, allergies and other correspondence)
- Prepare patients for examination, assisting elderly residents with gowning and seating as appropriate
- Performs CLIA waived tests as instructed by physician including: phlebotomy, Electrocardiograms, glucometer tests and spirometry
-Maintain treatment rooms and clinical equipment. Maintain clinical inventory and order supplies as needed.
-Obtain and record blood pressure, height, weight, pulse, respirations, vision screening, and temperature as needed.
-Prepare and administer vaccinations as needed
Successful candidates will have:
- Vocational/Technical training and/or a minimum of six months job-related experience or equivalent is required
-Ability to format, proofread letters and possess good communication skills
-Strong Medical Secretary background
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future and Care New England will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’s Future’s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.