Job Number: 1693
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Raytheon. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Raytheon
JOB TITLE: Mechanical Engineer I
LOCATION: Portsmouth, RI
HOURS: Full Time
IDS Mechanical Engineering Directorate (MED) leads in mechanical hardware design, development and production of radar, sonar, torpedo and combat system equipment. The MED uses state-of-the-art tools, processes, technology, and Raytheon Six Sigma principles.
Entry-level Mechanical Engineers perform research, design, analysis, and development in such areas as mechanical systems, thermal systems, materials, test equipment, hardware processes, or manufacturing processes. You would apply your skills to the planning, design, development and testing of mechanical and/or electro-mechanical systems, instruments, controls, and/or machines.
Organizational departments are -aligned by the various technical disciplines and design products/services they provide:
- Antenna and Sensors
- Mechanical Subassemblies and Equipment
- Platform Integration
- Undersea and Electronic Systems
- Hardware Engineering Process Group
- Configuration and Data Management
- Materials Engineering
- Product and Test Equipment Development
- Manufacturing Engineering and hardware Development
- Circuit Card Assembly Engineering
Successful candidates will have:
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Materials Engineering, Plastics Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related engineering curriculum
- Strong analytical skills
- Engineering Project or Internship experience
- Customer focus and collaboration skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; knowledge of MS Office or other presentation tools
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Raytheon will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.