Marketing Specialist Job Description
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future (SkillsRI) is a nonprofit workforce intermediary working to break down barriers to economic opportunity by connecting unemployed and underemployed Rhode Islanders to jobs with socially responsible, civic-minded employers through a proven demand-driven approach. SkillsRl's multi-faceted approach focuses on providing a continuum of career services to help those who face barriers to employment succeed in the workplace. Diversity, equity, and inclusion is at the heart of the SkillsRI model and we have proven to be incredibly effective at recruiting and placing individuals with barriers into employment.
Our Mission: Create demand-driven solutions for employers to get the unemployed and underemployed back to work.
Our Vision: Transforming lives through meaningful employment and economic mobility.
Our Values: Collaboration, Excellence, Integrity, Innovation, Respect
SkillsRI is seeking an experienced marketing specialist who will provide tactical strategies to further our mission of recruiting and placing unemployed, underemployed, and underrepresented communities on a path to economic mobility. As tactical support, the marketing specialist will drive our social media campaigns and support internal departments to create and publish various marketing collateral to further advance our work.
- Develop and execute marketing strategies to support candidate recruitment, client branding, and various agency projects
- Create and implement a marketing content calendar
- Work with team members to create and publish engaging content in accordance with current priorities
- Build and implement the agency's digital marketing strategies while developing content and overseeing digital marketing across channels (e.g., website, blogs, email marketing and social media) to ensure brand and message consistency
- Support the maintenance of the SkillsRI website, create landing pages, and maintain agency job board (currently built on Wordpress and Craft CMS systems)
- Create and maintain branding materials for agency-wide access, including logos, flyers, PowerPoint templates, etc.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Design Manager on various campaigns and marketing initiatives
- Create and publish content for for paid and organic posts on job board and social media
- Support the development of marketing materials that are cultural, linguistic relevant, and ADA compliant
- Remain up to date with recruitment marketing and digital marketing strategies
- Collaborate with vendors to develop promotional assets as needed
- Work with team to source, collect, and publish candidate and client stories and testimonials
- Work cross-functionally with all departments
- Other duties as assigned
- Proficient in all social media platforms
- Understands use of data analytics to drive decision making
- Passion for the mission of SkillsRI and enthusiasm for its success
- Comfort with - and enthusiasm for - working in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Highly detailed-oriented with the ability to prioritize deadlines and project goals
- Ability to communicate professionally across a broad range of constituent groups
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including relationship building, customer service, empathy, and resilience
- Strong documentation skills
- Able to make connections between similar problems
- Willingness to work hard, maintain a positive attitude, and overcome challenges
- Solution-oriented problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize according to business goals
- Data-driven mindset
- Conviction, integrity, honesty, and maturity in all situations
Qualified candidates will meet the following experience requirements:
- 1-3 years of marketing experience with a demonstrated record of accomplishment in marketing
- Demonstrated experience performing in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated experience major social media platforms
Salary is commensurate with experience.
For more information about Skills for Rhode Island’s Future, please visit www.skillsforri.com.