11 Powder Hill Rd
Job Number: 975
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for the Innovex. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Innovex
JOB TITLE: Managed Services Engineer
LOCATION: Lincoln, RI
Technical representative responsible for client care and maintenance of information technology equipment. A Managed Services Engineer delivers the high quality consultation and technical solutions while also demonstrating superior professionalism.
- Handle customer’ s technical issues and concerns on a daily basis via telephone, email or onsite.
- Primary contact for all client technical consultation
- Diagnose and Repair at an expert level for issues relating to desktops, servers, network infrastructure, operating systems and information security
- Provide timely resolution to advanced and complex technical problems
- Identify areas for improvement as it relates to their technical infrastructure and communicate to a Senior Systems Engineer or the Director of Technology
- Work directly with a Senior Systems Engineer or the Director of Technology to upsell client after identifying need for improvement, upgrade or replacement
- Install servers, networking, operating systems, appliances, applications and other supporting technical equipment as required to fulfill scope of work
- Maintain up to date industry knowledge required to provide effective and efficient technical implementation services
- Perform Sales Engineering / Sales Support as required
Successful candidates will have:
- Associate’ s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4-year degree in computer technology, preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in Information Technology
- Customer service focused and detail oriented
- Intermediate Networking knowledge - Layer 2, Layer 3
- Extreme Networking experience is a plus
- Intermediate Firewall / UTM knowledge
- SonicWALL experience is a plus
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and above
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Server
- Microsoft O365 Administration experience
- Virtualization administration knowledge
- VMWare is a requirement
- Must have at least one technical certification to be considered, but the following areas of certification are a plus: VMWare or Microsoft
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and the Innovex will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.