861A Broad Street
Job Number: 3552
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future is recruiting candidates for Housing Opportunities Corporation. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Housing Opportunities Corporation
JOB TITLE: Maintenance Technician
LOCATION: Multiple Locations in Rhode Island
HOURS: 1st Shift
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for providing routine maintenance and to repair any mechanical or physical problems in occupied units, common areas, building systems and vacant units being refurbished. The Maintenance Technician will also respond to emergency requests for services as they arise. The Maintenance Technician reports directly to the Maintenance Team Leader.
Successful candidates will have:
- Provide good customer service and quality workmanship.
- Perform routine maintenance and repair including carpentry, painting, plumbing, tile/carpet work, and minor electrical work,
- Remove, replace, and install appliances as necessary.
- Perform preventative maintenance inspections and service orders,
- Promptly respond to emergency calls during on-call hours.
- Other duties as directed by supervisor.
- High school degree or equivalent preferred.
- Technical or building trade education/certification helpful.
- One to three years of similar maintenance experience, preferably in a multi-unit housing environment.
- Valid Driver's License and Insured vehicle.
- Safe driving record.
- Access to own hand-tools.
- Client focused.
- Familiar with practices and procedures used in a variety of maintenance tasks.
- Basic understanding of major mechanical components of apartment buildings.
- Intermediate skills in plumbing and electrical installation and repair. Basic skills in carpentry and painting.
- Aware of safety measures involved with work.
- Well organized, able to prioritize own work.
- Self-starter. Work well independently, as well as a member of a team.
- Flexible/Adaptable: ability to work patiently in an environment which can be challenging.
- Comfortable working in units with diverse populations who have a variety of lifestyles.
- Able to respond to emergency repair situations and work a rotating on-call shift.
- Bilingual, English-Spanish preferred
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future and Housing Opportunities Corporation will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’s Future’s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.