1400 Division Road
Job Number: 2169
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Amtrol/Worthington Industries. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Amtrol/Worthington Industries
JOB TITLE: Maintenance Mechanic
LOCATION: 1400 Division Rd West Warwick, RI 02893
HOURS: 2nd Shift, Full Time
Key Responsibilities: You will troubleshoot basic mechanical problems in an efficient and safe manner throughout the facility. This position is responsible for primarily preventative and mechanical maintenance and must possess basic knowledge of machine repair. A successful candidate is self-motivated problem-solver that utilizes a strong work ethic to ensure all quality levels are met.
- Complete mechanical repairs and makes adjustments as needed.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all machinery as assigned.
- Successfully troubleshoot mechanical problems.
- Complete welding and fabrication tasks with little direction.
- Accountable for entering data into maintenance system timely and accurately.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Perform basic electricity in order to work in maintenance field safely.
- Other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will have:
- Basic knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, PLC’ s and plumbing
- Basic mechanical, welding and cutting skills
- Should be capable of reading mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic prints
- Good problem solving skills, safety practices and attention to quality
- Have basic workbench and computer skills.
- Minimal amount of electrical knowledge
- Meter usage and ability to complete basic measurements
- Basic math skills
- 1 year of manufacturing plant experience
- May require CPR and first aid training
- Lockout/tagout, fall protection, PPE, confined spaced training WI basic safety training
- Complete knowledge of standard operating procedures
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Amtrol/Worthington Industries will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work