(T.F. Green Airport) 2000 Post Rd
Job Number: 1631
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for HMS Host. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: HMS Host
JOB TITLE: Maintenance Engineer
LOCATION: Warwick, RI
HOURS: Full Time
The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for performing general to advanced maintenance and repairs for the location; ensuring that the location meets local-state- federal laws and regulations; maintaining control over the approved maintenance budget; performs all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management. This is a non-exempt position and typically reports to the General Manager or Assistant General Manager, depending on local requirements. Essential Functions:
- Inspects, diagnoses and performs repairs (within guidelines of expertise and in conjunction with local-state- federal health and safety guidelines)
- Maintains; small appliances, HVAC, electrical, plumbing and carpentry
- Ensures the physical structure and equipment are in safe operating condition as per regulations issued by local-state- federal health and safety authorities
- Coordinates repairs within approved budgetary guidelines
- Maintains preventative maintenance schedule and records for all systems and equipment
- Performs landscaping and snow removal where applicable
Successful candidates will have:
- Requires a minimum 1 year experience in maintenance field
- Requires knowledge of the following trades: landscaping (where applicable), small appliance
- Repair, HVAC, electrical, plumbing and carpentry; certificate of completion of courses in these
- Trades preferred
- Requires a clean driving record; ability to pass HMSHost MVR background check required
- Requires the ability to stand for long periods of time
- Requires the ability to bend, and twist to perform normal job functions
- Requires the ability to lift and maneuver items weighing 80lbs.
- Requires the ability to perform tasks while on a ladder
- Requires the ability to be exposed to various climates from extreme heat to extreme cold
- Requires the ability to operate equipment that requires continual and repetitive hand and arm motions
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and HMS Host will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.