Skills for Rhode Island’s Future is recruiting candidates for Saint Gobain. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Saint Gobain
JOB TITLE: Machinist I
LOCATION: Bristol, Rhode Island
HOURS: 1st and 2nd Shift; Fulltime
- Ability to work effectively in a self-directed team setting and ability to solve problems
- Use safe practices and comply with all company policies, procedures and health, safety and environmental regulations, as required
- Conduct safety observations and EHS activities as required by our plant EHS program
- Handle raw material and hazardous waste safely and in an environmentally responsible manner
- Assist in identification of potential aspects and impacts to the environment; participate in activities (such as recycling) to minimize adverse environmental impacts
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment
- Work from written procedures and work routers
- Record data, record and report problems as they arise to Dept. Lead and Engineering
- Successfully complete simple and medium skill jobs with minimal supervision Including deburring/deflashing parts and complete rework as required
- Operate machines running complex/advanced/non-routine jobs by direction of the Department Lead and Engineer
- Dismantle jigs, tools, and special fixtures for simple and medium skilled operations.
- Employee is required to operate: lathe, CNC, 5-Axis, drills, band saw, hand tools, vacuums, slicers, micrometers, verniers and other inspection equipment
Successful candidates will have:
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent
- Must have a good command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Effective verbal/written communications skills and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain drawing specifications by monitoring dimensional and visual characteristics to detect non-conformances
- Record data, record and report problems as they arise
- Report defective material or equipment problems to lead or engineer, as directed
- Knowledge of proper safety procedures
- Must have strong work ethic, attention to detail, good attendance, and flexibility to work overtime as needed.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future and Saint Gobain will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’s Future’s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.