Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Silgan Dispensing. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Silgan Dispensing
JOB TITLE: Machine Operator Floater
LOCATION: Slatersville, RI
HOURS: 2nd, and 3rd shifts for full time permanent positions are available. Seasonal 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift positions are available as well.
This position is responsible for performing power assisted assembly operations on high speed lining machines and monitoring production runs/orders through the molding machines, checking for quality, and maintaining a clean work area throughout the facility.
- Utilizes a variety of instruments such as calipers, air hoses, and picks.
- Operates power-assisted machinery to assemble components (caps, lining and spouts).
- Visually inspects parts/assemblies for defects.
- Properly marks all scrap boxes.
- Responsible for changing lining rolls when empty or the job order changes.
- Attends up to five presses based on production schedules and manufacturing requirements.
- Operate and monitor grinders and presses ensuring the product is manufactured in accordance with specifications, schedules and deadlines
- Hygrade molded product for defects and perform quality checks.
- Grinds runners and checks cappers for runners.
- Cleans tracks, bowls, conveyors and upright conveyors as necessary.
- Ensures rejected and accepted product is separated.
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area, keeping walkways and aisles clear ensuring a safe work environment.
Successful candidates will have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prior Injection molding experience
- 2 years machine operating experience preferably in high speed assembly and injection molding machines.
- Ability to take instruction both verbally and in writing.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50lbs.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Silgan Dispensing will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.