200 Providence Street
Job Number: 1626
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Bradford Soap Works. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Bradford Soap Works
JOB TITLE: Machine Operator
LOCATION: West Warwick, RI
- Set up and prepare supplies and equipment for operation.
- Operate the converting and packaging equipment in the department.
- Perform packaging functions.
- Maintain finished product quality standards by observation, sampling and operating equipment necessary to monitor product quality. Take any necessary corrective action.
- Maintain necessary production accounting records and reports to include labor reporting, process control, quality and loss rates.
- Properly package, count and document all supplies to be returned to inventory or scrapped.
- Comply with procedures, methods, and standards in adherence with Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP).
- Duties relevant to the basic function.
- Understanding of the operating details of converting and packaging equipment within the department.
- General knowledge of soap processing equipment and soap characteristics as they are related to the efficient operation of the converting and packaging equipment.
- General knowledge of packing material characteristics
- Understanding of quality parameters as they related to finished product.
- Feedback is essential to good performance. Two-way communication is encouraged between Manager and operator on a continuing basis.
- Maintain an acceptable level of orderliness and cleanliness in areas of assigned work.
- Understanding of and adherence to machine safety.
- Observance of all safe practices within the department
Successful candidates will have:
- Previous experience in a manual assembly or machinery type operation would be helpful.
- High school education with diploma or be able to demonstrate knowledge consistent with the level of education.
- Capable of normal standing, bending and twisting consistent with assembly type operations.
- Capable of moderate to heavy lifting.
- Exposure to mild noise (machinery) and some mild nuisance dust. Climate conditions are consistent with those of a normal manufacturing environment.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Bradford Soap Works will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.