Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Rhode Island Department of Health. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Rhode Island Department of Health
JOB TITLE: Lab Assistant
LOCATION: Providence, RI
HOURS: 2nd shift (3: 00 pm to 8: 00 pm) on four (4) weekdays & 1st shift (9: 00 am to 5: 00 pm) on weekends, with one weekday off per week. Weekend work is required on both Saturday and Sunday.
- Laboratory assistant needed to assist with the initial steps of laboratory testing for respiratory pathogens.
- This position works in the Specimen Processing Unit in the RI State Health Laboratories to prepare various types of laboratory specimens for testing procedures, including specimen handling, labeling and associated data entry.
Successful candidates will have:
- Attention to detail
- High School Diploma
- Data Entry experience preferred
- Previous lab exposure preferred
- Able to work in fast paced environment
- Candidates must be current on Hepatitis B vaccination and able to produce documentation stating such.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Rhode Island Department of Health will make the final hiring decisions.