141 Atwells Avenue
Industry: Food Service
Job Number: 1575
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Angelo’ s. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Angelo’ s
JOB TITLE: Kitchen Supervisor/Assistant Sous Chef
HOURS: Varies, Approx. 45 hours/week (must be available Sundays and Saturdays)
- Daily supervision of shifts which include food preparation, food service, and staff support.
- Ensures food quality by maintaining cleanliness, storage, and sanitation of all food. Perform line checks twice during shift checking proper holding temperatures, refrigeration temperatures, and that sufficient supplies are on hand.
- Manages cost/control issues including waste, labor, and production.
- Prepares and plates food items following recipes and plate presentation specifications.
- Monitors staffing levels in accordance with approved schedule to insure minimal overtime and adequate coverage each shift.
- Develops and cross-trains back of the house employees to optimize capabilities.
- Ensures food quality by maintaining the highest standards of personal hygiene, food handling techniques, and kitchen cleanliness. Enforces uniform standards. Proper food handling safety procedures including, but not limited to:
- Food storage
- Glove usage
- Food rotation
- Kitchen cleanliness – equipment, utensils, storage areas, dry storage (basement), etc.
- Time/temp logs and cooling logs
- Maintains a positive attitude at all times to foster a favorable working environment and maximize employee morale and productivity.
- Competently works all stations of the kitchen, including prep, grill/fry, sauté, dish, and steam table.
- Achieves kitchen operations’ goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, explores opportunities to add value to Angelo’ s under direction of Executive Chef and VP Operations.
- Keeps VP Operations informed of all issues regarding personnel and BOH operations and suggests corrective action where necessary. Address employee conflicts appropriately and report them to VP Operations.
- Provide a favorable image of Angelo’ s at all times to employees, guests, vendors, and others.
Successful candidates will have:
- High School diploma required, 2 year college degree preferred.
- At least two continuous years progressive kitchen experience required.
- Perform at any station in the kitchen including prep, dish, fry, sauté, grill, steamtable, etc.
- Equipment knowledge and operational expertise
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 3 months of hiring, a RI Food Manager’ s Certification and keep it current during length of employment.
- Capable of performing all kitchen stations.
- Effectively and safely care for all BOH equipment and fixtures including dishes and utensils.
- Able to maintain a calm demeanor and attitude in a fast-paced environment. Ability to give direction and have others follow. Strong leadership skills. Clear and effective communication skills.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for 6-10 hours and work at a fast and efficient pace. Available to work a flexible schedule that includes nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to get along well with others.
- Ability to follow direction.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Angelo’ s will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.