167 Point St
Job Number: 1697
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Lifespan. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Lifespan
JOB TITLE: Inventory Specialist
LOCATION: Providence, RI
HOURS: FT/PT (1st Shift)
- Responsible for assuring supplies are available to support patients in surgery.
- Utilizes computerized surgical inventory system to lace purchase orders according to established procedures.
- Maintains inventory par levels based on usage and JIT guidelines.
- Reports supply shortages and urgent order status
- Identifies and quantifies variables which impact par levels for specific department.
- Recommends changes to par levels and implements with department approval. Orders in-house storeroom supplies through computerized ESI system.
- Orders through Lifespan Purchasing approved inventory; expedites orders; receives stock and maintains inventory par levels.
- Verifies stock inventories and generates storeroom requisitions for all stock items.
- Performs periodic inventories of non-stock surgical and related items. Requests repairs of surgical instruments through Purchasing Department.
- Performs specialty inventory duties at the request of supervisor. Participates in annual inventory of all departments.
- Communicates with outside Vendors department clinical staff surgeons and other personnel regarding surgical products.
- Maintains quality assurance safety environmental and infection control in accordance with established hospital department policies procedures and objectives.
Successful candidates will have:
- Equivalent to an Associate Degree. Equivalency will be based on OR Sterile Processing Department or Materials Management work experience.
- Experience in ordering and receiving inventory from warehouse situations required.
- Two years’ experience in material management or the operating room.
- Knowledge of medical terminology aseptic techniques operating room environment microbiology inventory control medical/surgical devices and equipment; mathematical skills and analytical ability.
- Knowledge of case cart system preferred.
- Sits stands and walks intermittently throughout the day. May be required to life up to 30 pounds.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Lifespan will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.