Skills for Rhode Island’s Future is recruiting candidates for Saint Gobain. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Saint Gobain
JOB TITLE: Injection Molding Technician
LOCATION: Bristol, Rhode Island
HOURS: 1st Shift; Fulltime
- Reads blueprint drawings and work orders to understand and meet customer specifications.
- Produces parts by following the work orders, blueprints, and programming folders.
- Sets up molds for each work cell and maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements following manufacturer's instructions.
- Maintains drawing specifications by observing process temperatures and injection pressures to detect non-conformances.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces.
- Calculates dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers, Vernier calipers, and optical comparator.
- Informs supervisors and team leads when machinery needs repairs.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with all company EH&S policies and procedures
- Maintains work space before, during, and after each scheduled shift in accordance with 5S principles.
- Contribute to team effort by performing other supporting tasks as directed by the Shift Supervisor.
- Work in a manner that complies with all site policies and procedures, and actively demonstrates SG principles of conduct & action.
Successful candidates will have:
- High School Diploma or GED certificate.
- Ability to read, understand and follow written materials including blueprint drawings, job orders, etc.
- 5+ years experience in thermoplastics processing.
- 5+ years prior experience in set-up and operation of injection molds and auxiliary equipment.
- Experience using inspection equipment and following quality procedures.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, good attendance and flexibility to work overtime as needed.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future and Saint Gobain will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’s Future’s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.