600 East Greenwich Avenue
Job Number: 1739
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for AstroNova. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: AstroNova
JOB TITLE: IT Director
LOCATION: West Warwick, RI
IT Director to oversee all IT (Information Technology) functions in our company. You will be in charge of a team of IT professionals and manage the company’ s technology operations and the implementation of new IT systems and policies.
This individual will have a solid technical background while able to manage and motivate people. The ideal candidate will be experienced in creating and implementing IT policies and systems that will meet the company’ s objectives.
The goal is to ensure IT systems and people are effective and functioning within the limits of budget, time and specifications of the company.
- Oversee all technology operations (e.g. network security) and evaluate them according to established goals.
- Devise and establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by upper management.
- Analyze the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs.
- Purchase efficient and cost-effective technological equipment and software.
- Inspect the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency.
- Ensuring clarity around priorities and goals for the entire functional area.
- Providing guidance to direct reports.
- Approving hiring and firing requests within the group in conjunction with HR.
- Guiding the talent identification and development processes for a group or function.
- Working across functions with peers in other groups to ensure collaboration for shared goals.
- Control budget and report on expenditure.
- Assist in building relationships with vendors and creating cost-efficient contracts.
- Interacting with senior management for reporting.
- Working with senior management and other peers for strategy development and execution planning.
- Develop, test and deploy customizations, custom objects, third party tools / applications and new NetSuite functionality based on evolving business needs.
- Design, implement, and maintain configurations and customizations of NetSuite to meet evolving needs.
- Design, implement, and maintain 3rd party software connections to NetSuite to support various business needs.
- Develop, document and implement policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure data integrity, change protocols, customization, usage etc.
- Identify, evaluate and recommend other key technologies required to support and improve the business process centered on the NetSuite platform.
- Responsible for the change management and release process of NetSuite.
- Provide a quality and timely communication regarding system status.
Successful candidates will have:
- Proven experience as IT director in a Manufacturing environment
- Experience in Managed Services (infrastructure and endpoint management)
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
- Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks etc.
- Experience in controlling information technology budget
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication abilities
- Minimum of 5+ years of hands on experience with ERP administration, configuration, and 3rd party integrations in complex environments, including experience with NetSuite
- Administrator-level knowledge of roles, permissions, custom objects, scripting, workflows, reports and dashboards
- Working knowledge of SuiteScript 1.0 & 2.0 / WebServices, OneWorld, SQL, CSV imports, user provisioning, defining roles, analytics and scheduling scripts.
- Strong data analytics, reporting and database experience (SQL and NetSuite preferred)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Basic Data Analysis with Excel (v-lookups, pivot tables)
- A strong understanding of business processes and requirements
- Project management, system implementation and system integration experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- BSc/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field; MSc/MA will be a plus
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and AstroNova will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.