Skills for Rhode Island’s Future is recruiting Healthcare Customer Service Representatives. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’s Future at the end of this job description.
JOB TITLE: Healthcare Customer Service Representative
LOCATION: Rhode Island
- Answers incoming telephone calls from a diversified customer base in a prompt accurate and courteous manner
- Responds to requests for direct dial numbers department numbers physician on-call status all emergency teams and department functions utilizing an automated computerized system.
- Schedule patients using computerized scheduling system. Assists patients in person or over the phone when needing to reschedule or cancel their appointments. Schedules follow-up appointments
- Updates database and customer profiles to reflect the most current contact information to facilitate expeditious location of essential medical and non-medical personnel
- Handles special and priority calls such as medical emergencies
- Monitors and responds to various alarms for all affiliates using specific procedures as documented
- Upon request pages physicians hospital personnel and others. Dispatches the appropriate emergency personnel following specific procedures
- Records accurate complete messages and dispatches same via individual preference (Fax Email Cell Pager) for Answering Service Customers
- Maintains confidentiality of customer information
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Handles and resolves customer complaints concerns
- Manages and escalates priority issues
- Continue efforts to enhance service excellence focusing on communication compassion and customer satisfaction
- Supports the department to maintain performance in quality outcome measures
Successful candidates will have:
- A level of knowledge normally obtained through completion of high school or its equivalent
- Basic Medical Terminology in order to respond and direct calls to the appropriate physician clinic emergency facility etc.
- One year experience in a call center or customer service environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with all team members
- Must have Proficient written and verbal communication skills to effectively process a high volume of calls and telephone requests
- Respond to all customer and emergency calls in a confident rapid accurate pleasant and professional manner
- Requires exceptional and critical thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Requires strong communication customer service interpersonal skills and telephone etiquette
- Ability to remain calm in emergency situations
- Ability to prioritize work flow according to pre-set instructions
- Ability to communicate with all levels of internal and external customers
- Bilingual preferred but not required
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future and the company will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’s Future’s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.