Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting Healthcare Customer Service Representatives. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
JOB TITLE: Healthcare Customer Service Representative
LOCATION: Rhode Island
- Answers incoming telephone calls from a diversified customer base in a prompt accurate and courteous manner
- Responds to requests for direct dial numbers department numbers physician on-call status all emergency teams and department functions utilizing an automated computerized system.
- Schedule patients using computerized scheduling system. Assists patients in person or over the phone when needing to reschedule or cancel their appointments. Schedules follow-up appointments
- Updates database and customer profiles to reflect the most current contact information to facilitate expeditious location of essential medical and non-medical personnel
- Handles special and priority calls such as medical emergencies
- Monitors and responds to various alarms for all affiliates using specific procedures as documented
- Upon request pages physicians hospital personnel and others. Dispatches the appropriate emergency personnel following specific procedures
- Records accurate complete messages and dispatches same via individual preference (Fax Email Cell Pager) for Answering Service Customers
- Maintains confidentiality of customer information
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Handles and resolves customer complaints concerns
- Manages and escalates priority issues
- Continue efforts to enhance service excellence focusing on communication compassion and customer satisfaction
- Supports the department to maintain performance in quality outcome measures
Successful candidates will have:
- A level of knowledge normally obtained through completion of high school or its equivalent
- Basic Medical Terminology in order to respond and direct calls to the appropriate physician clinic emergency facility etc.
- One year experience in a call center or customer service environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with all team members
- Must have Proficient written and verbal communication skills to effectively process a high volume of calls and telephone requests
- Respond to all customer and emergency calls in a confident rapid accurate pleasant and professional manner
- Requires exceptional and critical thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Requires strong communication customer service interpersonal skills and telephone etiquette
- Ability to remain calm in emergency situations
- Ability to prioritize work flow according to pre-set instructions
- Ability to communicate with all levels of internal and external customers
- Bilingual preferred but not required
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and the company will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.