Skills for Rhode Island's Future (Skills RI) is recruiting Health Center Assistants (Medical Assistants) for Providence Community Health Centers, Inc. Please read more about Skills RI at the end of this job description.
COMPANY: Providence Community Health Centers, Inc
JOB TITLE: Health Center Assistants (Medical Assistants)
LOCATION: Providence, RI
Successful candidates will have:
- Assist MDs/NPs/RNs caring for patients (infants, children, adolescents, adults and geriatric) including but not limited to taking/recording vital signs/height/weight/ operating EKG machine, completing point of care testing, developmental screenings preparing patients for examination, preparing work areas, complete refill requests and, documenting patient related procedures/tests in patients' charts.
- Answer incoming telephone calls, schedule patients using automated appointment scheduling process, interview incoming patients verifying identity, maintain provider appointment schedules, verify financial/insurance information, collect payments for services, and recording required data.
- Insert patient related material as required; maintain separate logs/records related to care and compliance.
- Provide general clerical support throughout the organization as needed including filing, answering/rerouting calls, preparing data reports, compiling statistics.
- Coordinated Care/Patient Centered Medical Care Management: Works with all members of the Health Care Team towards achieving coordinated patient centered care.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the goals and objectives of PCHC’s patient care management plan.
- Effectively able to perform and communicate individual tasks within the role. Maintain patient confidentiality at all levels of interaction.
- Provide general interpretation support for all clinical staff.
- Knowledge of immigration documentation may be required for some clinics (to include Passport immunizations, Immigration 693 forms, and Refugee I94 Card).
- The above listing of duties is not meant to be all inclusive. However, the Employer will not ask any Employee to routinely perform a task unrelated to the above-mentioned duties.
- High school diploma (business course) or equivalent required.
- Completion of a medical assistant program, with 180-hr internship requirement for graduation, is essential.
- Basic Life Support/CPR certification required.
- Ability to perform responsibilities across life cycle (infants, children, adolescents, adults and geriatric) required.
- Clear diction and unhampered conversational skills for conversing with a multicultural, multiethnic and multilingual patient community is essential.
- Bilingual Spanish/English a plus
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future and Providence Community Health Centers, Inc will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’s Future’s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.