350 Eddy St
Job Number: 2439
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future is recruiting candidates for Brown University. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Brown University
JOB TITLE: HVAC Mechanic
LOCATION: Providence, RI
This position performs skilled journeyman level work in the maintenance, repair and installation of refrigeration, heating, air conditioning and ventilating systems, and their controls. This position is considered essential. Personnel may be required to respond to campus emergencies both during and off shift.
- Operates, maintains, repairs and installs all types of air conditioning, ventilation and refrigeration equipment or systems, including chilled water and cooling tower equipment and systems.
- Maintains, repairs and installs hot-water heating systems.
- Diagnoses, inspects, trouble shoots, and overhauls electrical control circuits, temperature and pressure controls, and all related refrigeration components using manuals, blueprints, and equipment knowledge.
- Tests coils, valves, and connections to determine that systems are leak proof and properly adjusted.
- Maintains large refrigeration equipment, such as ice rinks, built in refrigerators, and small closed-cooling systems for laboratory equipment.
- Observes safety rules and precautions.
- Must be a High School graduate or possess a general equivalence degree (GED).
- Must possess state of Rhode Island Refrigeration/Journeyman II License.
- Must possess a City of Providence Refrigeration Machine Operator license.
- Objective bench test and/or field test will be required
- Willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Must possess certification as a Universal Technician, such certification to be awarded by a program certified by the EPA.
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience required.
How to Apply
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future and Brown University will make the final hiring decisions.
Why Apply Through Skills for Rhode Island’s Future
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’s Future’s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process. Skills for Rhode Island’s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.