122 Fountain Street
Job Number: 1741
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for The Dean Hotel. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: The Dean Hotel
JOB TITLE: Guest Service Agent
LOCATION: Providence, RI
HOURS: Full-Time, 1st and 2nd shift
The guest service agent will be the main point of reference for all guests. From before the actual arrival, a GSA is already the number one contact guests have with the property, all the way through departure and follow-up requests guests may have.
- Check-in and Check-out
- Coordination with Housekeeping and Maintenance for inventory management
- Guest Requests Handling / Concierge duties
- Cashiering and Billing tasks and procedures
- Maintenance and promotion of good communication and report with management and team members
- Strict following of privacy and security rules regarding corporate and guest information
- Embodiment of property and company goals, purpose, culture and role in the community
Successful candidates will have:
A successful candidate applying to this position will have and display a friendly, courteous but unassuming behavior. The ideal candidate will be the person who is able to discern the need for genuine and affable service and the importance of consistency, correctness and strategic business goals.
A well performing GSA at The Dean is someone who has a spark of their own to contribute for the experience of guests and in interacting with the community, co-workers and the property.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, understand, communicate and interact in English through different channels, from in-person contact to e-mail and on the phone. The tone is positive and courteous, always genuine to provide service and assistance.
- Previous hotel front desk experience desirable and so is bilingualism.
- Work hours will spread over weekdays, weekends and holidays, which requires flexibility.
- Working knowledge of computers and IT systems is essential.
- Comfort in cash handling and credit card procedures
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds regularly and up to 40 pounds on occasion.
- Must be able to stand, walk, and work on feet for extended periods of time. Requires grasping, writing, typing / keying, extended periods of standing, walking, repetitive motions, hearing, and visual acuity
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and The Dean Hotel will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.