167 Point St
Job Number: 1794
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Lifespan. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Lifespan
JOB TITLE: General Mechanic
LOCATION: Miriam Hospital
HOURS: Per Diem
Under general supervision of the maintenance or construction supervisor, perform a variety of duties to temporarily replace or assist trades and craft personnel in maintenance, repair and construction work; monitor physical plant and perform maintenance functions alone on evening, night and weekend shifts and perform duties relating to tool and materials management as assigned.
- Perform a variety of trade tasks temporarily replacing or assisting carpenters, electricians, plumbers, plasterers and other trade personnel.
- Monitor physical plant and perform maintenance while alone on evening, night, weekend and holiday shifts.
- Maintain the capacity of recognizing problems and of operating the mechanical and building systems, and maintain the knowledge and capability to perform all departmental standard operating procedures.
- Independently evaluate problems and either correct them or initiate appropriate action to correct them.
- Perform clean up duties on work sites; replace light bulbs and patient call cords; move materials, furniture and equipment; free clogged toilets and sinks; remove snow; change filters; service vacuum, oxygen, air and nitrous oxide patient outlets; lay floor tiles; paint and perform a variety of other duties as required by work order, emergency calls or direct assignment.
- Answer telephone calls, prepare work request forms, log request and track time required to perform jobs (person hours) for quality and productivity tracking.
- Maintain inventory of frequently used materials and equipment (tools) and issues same to workers upon request and presentation of request tag.
- Prepare purchase orders for materials required to perform a task for supervisor’ s signature.
- Make keys, operate sign-making machine and repair equipment (includes all mechanical patient care equipment and blood pressure cuffs, but not beds).
- Perform other related duties as required.
Successful candidates will have:
Equivalent to completion of four years of high school plus 1-2 years of trade schooling.
Familiar with trade requirements of carpenters, electricians, plumbers, plasterers and other trade skills.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Lifespan will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.