Industry: Food Service
Job Number: 1072
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for HMShost. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
JOB TITLE: Line Cook (Early Morning)
LOCATION(S): Warwick, RI
HOURS: Full-Time / Early Morning Hours
SALARY: $10.65 per hour
BENEFITS: Medical, dental, vision; 401K, tuition reimbursement program, competitive wages, flexible schedules, free meals, paid breaks, paid training, build your skills, on site and affordable parking
Come work with a great team!
HMShost is seeking a Line Cook to join the team at Bowties and Famous Famiglia. The Line Cook is responsible for preparing cooked foods, and must be able to perform all station functions of Fry, Flat Top Griddle, Pantry, and cooking eggs; communicating ticket times and potential problems to the manager on duty and servers as necessary; providing the highest quality of service to customers and associates at all times; performs all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management. This is a non-exempt position and typically reports to Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager, or General Manager depending upon local requirements.
- Follows recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving food items which may include soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other food and beverage products
- Tastes products, follow menus, estimate food requirements, check production and keep records in order to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment as needed
- Cleans and sanitizes work stations and equipment
- Practices excellent food safety and sanitation practices and complies with HACCP standards
- Operates a variety of kitchen equipment; Measures and mixes ingredients, washes, peels, cuts and shreds fruits and vegetables
- Stocks, dates, rotates, and checks temperature of product
Successful candidates have:
- Food preparation skills and knowledge of HACCP standards
- Minimum of 1 year of closely related cooking experience, work experience in high volume or fast casual dining restaurant environment preferred
- Food knowledge pertaining to Soups, Sauté, Broiler, Fry, and Pantry
- Ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- Ability to bend, twist, and stand to perform normal job functions
- Ability to work with sharp knives, utensils, and hot plates
- Ability to work in hot environment
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and HMShost will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.