191 Social Street Woonsocket, RI 02895
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future is recruiting candidates for Energy Geeks Inc. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Energy Geeks Inc.
JOB TITLE: Field Technician/General Laborer- Entry Level
LOCATION: Woonsocket, RI; requires travel to work sites
HOURS: full time 1st shift
Energy Geeks, a local weatherization company is seeking a motivated individual to install energy saving measures in residential homes in RI and MA. In this position you will perform a variety of activities to weatherize homes and make them more energy efficient.
- Apply insulation materials such as loose, blanket, board, and foam insulation to attics, crawl spaces, basements, or walls.
- Install insulation in equipment or structures.
- Seal air ducts, combustion air openings, or ventilation openings to improve heating and cooling efficiency.
- Maintain construction tools or equipment.
- Wrap air ducts and water lines with insulating materials, such as duct wrap and pipe insulation.
- Prepare and apply weather-stripping, glazing, caulking, or door sweeps to reduce energy losses.
- Apply material to fill gaps in surfaces.
- Make minor repairs using basic hand or power tools and materials, such as glass, lumber, and drywall.
Successful candidates will have:
- Valid driver’s license is preferred but not required
- Aptitude for manual labor
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Able to stand, stoop, kneel, and bend over
- Ability to work outside under various weather conditions
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’s Future and Energy Geeks Inc. will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’s Future’s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.