Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future (Skills RI) is recruiting candidates for the Fast Track to CNC Manufacturing program taking place at the Community College of Rhode Island’ s campus located in Providence, Rhode Island.
TRAINING TITLE: Fast Track to CNC Manufacturing
HOURS: 8: 00AM to 4: 00 PM daily; Monday through Friday
WHERE: Providence, RI & portions of the classroom training may be completed remotely
PAY: $11 an hour; students will average 25 hours per week
START DATE: August 31, 2020
The Fast Track to CNC Manufacturing Program is a 20-week long, paid classroom training and shop experience that prepares participants for positions in CNC Machinist / Manufacturing careers throughout RI. This is a train-to-hire initiative; participants will learn the skills employers are looking for. Participants who successfully complete the training will have an opportunity to apply for a job within top manufacturing employers in Rhode Island.
- Rhode Island Resident
- Unemployed or Underemployed
- At least 18 years of age
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Mechanically inclined (previous hands-on work preferred)
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations; fractions, ratios, percentages
- Ability to meet the physical requirements and demands of the training
- Able to communicate effectively
- Specific vision requirements – depth perception, close vision, ability to adjust focus
- Willing to comply with safety procedures
- Excellent work ethic
- Background check and drug test required
- Authorized to work in the US.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills RI and the training provider will make the final selection.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS RI
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills RI’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the selection process.
Skills RI has agreements with training providers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.