40 Westminster Street
Job Number: 1419
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Textron. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Textron
JOB TITLE: Executive Administrative Assistant
LOCATION: Providence, RI
This position supports the Accounting & Reporting Group within the Controller’ s Department. This group is responsible for SEC reporting, general accounting and providing technical accounting guidance for multiple businesses worldwide.
The primary areas of support include calendar management, typing and office administration. The ideal candidate must be proactive, resourceful, well organized, possess strong attention to detail and be able to interact with staff at all levels in a business environment that is extremely deadline focused. A high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role, along with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Manage multiple calendars, requiring interaction with internal and external executives and/or their assistants to coordinate a variety of meetings, including scheduling standard quarterly meetings, conference room and food, as necessary.
- Type inputs into SEC filings, memos, reports and other documents using Microsoft Word and PowerPoint in an accurate and timely manner. Responsible for proofreading documents for typos and grammatical and punctuation errors.
- Assist executives with preparation of presentation materials. Organize/assemble presentations for quarterly closing calls and meetings and coordinate distribution.
- Maintain accurate correspondence files/listings for audit and finance committees.
- Arrange travel reservations and schedule details for directors and prepare expense reports in Concur.
- Screen calls and office visitors during standard business hours, (8: 00amEST to 5: 00pmEST with 1 hour break) and take messages on behalf of directors.
- Protect and maintain the privacy of employee personnel records including, but not limited to, personal and compensation information about employees.
- Sort and route department mail and deliveries.
- Maintain supply cabinet, order supplies and ensure copiers are stocked with paper.
- Coordinate with building management for any departmental needs as they arise.
- Maintain departmental compliance with record retention policy.
Successful candidates will have:
- Minimum of a High School diploma; completion of secretarial/business school preferred.
- Experience supporting executive level management preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Excellent grammar and punctuation skills, along with attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization and calendar management skills for the coordination of meetings with senior executives and business unit teams.
- Proficient in the operation of a variety of office equipment such as phone, printer, projectors and copy machine.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Textron will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.