600 East Greenwich Avenue
Industry: IT, Manufacturing
Job Number: 1458
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for AstroNova. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: AstroNova
JOB TITLE: Electronics Technician
LOCATION: West Warwick, RI
HOURS: Full Time, 2nd Shift
- Ensures the OEM, systems recorders, printers and replacement parts produced by AstroNova meet all specifications and requirements, both physical and electrical, by following the appropriate test procedure and/or specification sheet.
- Ensures quality of workmanship in all manufactured goods, informing his/her supervisor, manufacturing, QA, R&D and others as applicable of items that require improvement.
- Aids in training new individuals in proper inspection, troubleshooting and testing items produced by AstroNova.
Successful candidates will have:
- Associates Degree in Electronic Technology, Computer Science, or related field preferred
- 1-2 years of experience
- Must be mechanically inclined
- The successful candidate will be self-directed, customer service oriented, possess strong troubleshooting, analytical, problem solving skills.
- Must have the ability to successfully complete projects on schedule, and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, effective listening.
- Must be able to troubleshoot, repair, and calibrate recorders and data acquisition devices.
- Must be able to work independently as well as work in a team environment.
- Those that qualify must adhere to the FAA Drug and Alcohol Program.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and AstroNova will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.