40 Catamore Blvd.
Job Number: 1729
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future is recruiting candidates for Nordson EFD. Please read more about Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future at the end of this job description.
COMPANY NAME: Nordson EFD
JOB TITLE: Electrical Engineer I
LOCATION: East Providence, RI
HOURS: Full Time
- Responsible for supporting, researching, planning, designing, and testing embedded electrical components, equipment, and control systems.
- Responsible for the development and testing of advanced technologies and products.
- Support the activities involved in the fabrication, testing, operation, application, installation, and support of electro-mechanical or electro-pneumatic technologies, products and systems.
- Support the development of circuit designs utilizing mixed signal (microcomputer/logic/memory IC/analog/interface) design techniques for industrial environments.
- Develop controllers using single board computers (SBCs), develop HW interface and HW and FW for application specific embedded controllers.
- Support development of firmware utilizing C, C++, other HLL, and assembly languages for embedded industrial controllers, including Verilog and other HDL.
- Support design of user interfaces for standalone control systems utilizing LED and/or LCD displays with touch capability and custom control panel push buttons.
- Provide input and support to the fabrication of test control apparatus and equipment, and determine methods, procedures, and conditions for testing products.
- Support defining system architecture to meet product requirements.
- Participate in the research and analysis of data such as design proposals, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
- Support product compliance to CE, CSA, and UL for electrical device safety and electromagnetic compatibility (EN 61010, EN 61000)
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Engineering (BSEE preferred) or equivalent.
- 0-2 years related experience.
- Experience with single board computers (SBCs), used as embedded controllers - HW interface and SW design.
- Experience with schematic capture tools such as OrCAD and familiarity with and/or experience with PCB layout tools and design considerations.
- Experience with industry-related testing equipment (scopes, meters, etc.)
- Experience with various communication protocols (Serial, Ethernet, CAN, MODBUS).
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Knowledge of Design software; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Experience with pneumatic control systems. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Understanding of machining and other manufacturing technologies.
- Understanding of computer networks and conceptual models (OSI, TCP/IP) and
- Working Conditions and Physical Demands
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and a full job description, please visit Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future website at www.skillsforri.com/jobs. Applicants interested in this position will be screened by Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future and Nordson EFD will make the final hiring decisions.
WHY APPLY THROUGH SKILLS FOR RHODE ISLAND’ S FUTURE
Our mission is focused on supporting unemployed and underemployed job seekers. Our goal is to get you back to work. Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future’ s team will guide and provide you with support throughout the hiring process.
Skills for Rhode Island’ s Future has agreements with employers to recruit talent like you, making us a resource to get the unemployed and underemployed job seeker back to work.